Search the Web

Custom Search

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pork Chop Spaghetti by RiA

I'm here again for another dish to share with you. This time, a twist of spaghetti which is called pork chop spaghetti. This was the first time I got to cook this and it went very well. I just had a bit problem with the pork, I think I should cook it longer so it will be softer. I got this recipe from my android phone application "recipe". You can also check it out here. These are the ingredients for this recipe:


Ingredients:

1 tbsp · butter
6 shoulder pork chops -- 1/2 inch thick
¼ cup · onion -- chopped
1 can · (15 oz.) tomato sauce
1 spaghetti sauce, packet -- 1 1/2 oz.
¾ to 1 cup water
½ cup · grated parmesan cheese
¼ packages · spaghetti (8 oz.)
1 cup · mozzarella cheese -- shredded
1/4 cup sugar (optional)
1/2 cup ketchup (optional)

Procedure:
Melt butter in electric skillet. Add pork chops and brown slowly on both sides.
Remove from skillet; add onion and saute until tender. Add tomato sauce, spaghetti sauce mix and water. Mix well.
Reduce heat to low; return pork chops to skillet, cover and simmer 45 to 55 minutes or until tender. If sauce is too thick, add more water.
Stir parmesan cheese into cooked sauce.
Meanwhile, prepare spaghetti according to package directions; drain and arrange spaghetti and chops on serving platter. Spoon sauce over all. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pork chops. Serves 6.


For this recipe, I failed to add in the mozzarella so instead, I used grated Parmesan cheese on top. I also added sugar and ketchup to make it "a pinoy style" spaghetti. It is up to you how you like your spaghetti. If you want a more Italian taste, add more tomato sauce and don't add the sugar.

You can add garlic bread as your side dish for a complete meal. I will add more pasta dishes soon. Don't be afraid to try new recipes instead of the usual. Until my next dish! See yah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a few words about this post. Thanks ;)